It’s fine if you still have a soft spot for the scoop on the cone that you grew up eating. We know that feeling! But is ice cream healthy? Are there any health benefits to eating ice cream? Is ice-cream junk food? Read on to find the answers.
There’s love for food. There is love for desserts. And then, there is ice cream. What more is there to say? Ice-cream! Who doesn’t love it! You are never too old for ice cream.
We all are huge fans of this creation. Ice cream is above and beyond all things good and pure. But do you remember back when you were kids!
Our mom’s never allowed us to eat ice cream with the fear that we would catch a cold or get sick. Is ice cream healthy? Well, what if we told you ice cream isn’t so bad for you after all? If eaten moderately, ice cream has some surprising and amazing health benefits.
Have you ever wondered is ice cream junk food? The answer depends on how you define the term. Ice Cream is no junk food.
Junk food is something that has no nutritional value or benefits to our body. Though they have high sugar content, ice-cream is filled with many nutritional benefits.
Did You Know: Ice Cream is twice as popular as cake. The average American consumes more than 23 pounds of ice cream per year.
But before we begin, let’s break the biggest myth related to ice cream. Ice Cream doesn’t cause cold. Eating ice-cream neither increases a cold nor cures it. Ice cream does contain milk which results in mucus formation and hence they need to be enjoyed, but with a little caution.
At the end of the day, falling sick depends on the metabolism of a person’s body. If you are weak, you are prone to fall sick sooner. Ice cream is healthy and filled with many benefits.
Let’s move ahead and feed your brain with some of the amazing health benefits of having an ice cream.
7 Reasons to Treat Yourself With Ice Cream Right Away
1) Weight Loss
Nowadays everyone is looking to lose weight. People are trying yoga, following scary diets, exercising until their bodies ache, etc. But, there is something in your fridge that can help you drop those extra kilos.
A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that women who ate at least one daily serving of full-fat dairy products, such as ice cream, gained less weight than those who didn’t.
But wait. Not all ice creams have this superpower. Make sure to check the number of calories on the cover before purchasing ice cream.
Choose ice creams that have about 140 calories, 7g fat, and 14g sugar is considered to be a reasonable part of your diet.
Did You Know: Sources confirm that 86% of Americans eat Ice cream at least once in a week. Also, women are more likely than men to eat ice cream through out the year.
2) Great source of vitamins
One of the biggest health benefits of eating ice-cream is that it is a rich source of various vitamins.
- Ice-cream contains vitamin – A which helps to improve eyesight.
- It also contains vitamin – D. This helps in the regulation of calcium and phosphorus absorption and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth.
- Ice-cream also has vitamin – K which is an essential role in building strong bones, preventing heart disease, prevents blood clotting and crucial part of other bodily processes.
- It also has vitamin -B. B-6 helps keep blood sugar within a normal range, B-12 protects against anemia and E protection against toxins.
3) Filled With Much-Wanted Healthy Nutrients
Ice cream’s main ingredients are cream, milk, sugar, and flavoring. It is filled with bone-strengthening calcium, minerals, phosphorous and blood-pressure-lowering potassium. It also provides a decent amount of protein, which is important in tissue repair and cell growth.
According to a recent survey of International Ice Cream Association member companies, vanilla remains the most popular flavor among its consumers at 28% and then comes chocolate.
4) Boost Your Sex Drive
Another benefit of eating ice-cream is that it boosts your sex drive. Because of its fairly high levels of calcium and phosphorus, ice cream helps build your muscles’ energy reserves and boost your libido. Half a cup of vanilla ice cream can work miracles on your sex life.
A study out of Chicago’s Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation found that when men smelled the scent of vanilla it increased their arousal.
So, women, you know what flavor to choose.
5) Help Fight Infertility
A study conducted on more than 18,000 women between the ages of 24 and 42 shows that women who ate full-fat ice cream two or more times a week had a 38% lower risk of ovulation-related infertility than women who had full-fat ice cream less than once a week.
Did You Know: About 9% of the milk produced in the USA is used to make ice-cream.
6) Simulates Brain
Ice-cream stimulates our brain. Along with the nutritional value ice cream provides, it is also an incredible source of energy. Ice-cream contains a compound that stimulates the production of thrombotonin.
Thrombotonin is a hormone that uplifts the mood and prevents mood swings. These hormones also reduce stress levels. It also helps prevents the symptoms of insomnia. It helps prevent mood swings. Ice cream also boosts creativity.
7) Ice Cream Makes You Happy
Finally, the biggest thing about ice cream is that it makes you happy no matter what. One scoop of ice-cream and you feel good, ever wondered why? It is because it simply tastes delicious.
Next time you are upset, just go and grab a bowl of ice cream and enjoy it while watching your favorite movie or listening to your favorite song.
There are surely many benefits to eating ice-cream. But, like many other things it comes with a little downside. Even though ice cream is filled with so many health benefits, it has a couple of disadvantages.
Hence, people with high cholesterol levels, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases are advised to consume ice cream with care and proper advice from their doctors.
Key Takeaways On Benefits Of Ice Cream
- Sources confirm that 86% of Americans eat Ice cream at least once in a week.
- Even though ice cream has high sugar content, it is also filled with many nutritional benefits.
- Eating ice-cream neither increases a cold nor cures it.
- It provides a decent amount of protein, which is important in tissue repair and cell growth.
- Choosing the correct ice cream can help you lose weight.
- It is also a rich source of various vitamins like vitamins A, D, K, B, and B6.
- Eating ice cream stimulates the production of a compound in the brain which reduces stress level.
- Half a cup of vanilla ice cream can work miracles on your sex life as eating ice cream boosts sex drive.
- It is filled with bone-strengthening calcium, minerals, phosphorous and blood-pressure-lowering potassium.
- Finally, the biggest thing about ice cream is that it makes you happy no matter what.
Happy Eating 🙂
Subscribe to us and enjoy amazing content. Is ice cream healthy or is ice cream junk food according to you? What is your favorite ice-cream flavor? Share your thoughts on this article in the comment section below. We love to hear from you!
To stay tuned with us, you can also follow our social media channels mentioned below.
For more inspiration, read more of these interesting and useful articles: