Inspiration is a magic. It can awaken your soul and let you fly in the sky. Inspiration has the power to influence minds,hearts,countries and even the wild.
These inspiration quotes about life and success kindles you not to give up and keep on trying for what you desire for, to achieve greater heights in life. You need them when you are in that phase of life going through hard times and staying strong. You need inspiration for making your dream a reality.
1. “You can’t have a million-dollar dream with a minimum-wage work ethic.” – Stephen C. Hogan
Also known as the social entrepreneur, Stephen Hogan is the true symbol of inspiration.
This Indian unidentified monk suddenly leapt into fame at America at the Parliament of Religions held in Chicago in 1893, at which he began his speech with salutation, “Sisters and brothers of America!”. To these words he got a standing ovation from a crowd of seven thousand, which lasted for two minutes.
His vast knowledge of Eastern and Western culture as well as his deep spiritual insight, fervid eloquence, brilliant conversation, broad human sympathy made an irresistible appeal to the many types of Americans who came in contact with him. People who saw or heard Vivekananda even once still cherish his memory after a lapse of more than half a century.
3. “If a man is called a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and Earth will pause to say, ‘Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.'” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
4. “The person who is waiting for something to turn up might start with their shirt sleeves.” – Garth Henrichs
Another notable quote from Garth is “The person who is waiting for something to turn up might start with their shirt sleeves.”
5. “When I was young, I observed that nine out of 10 things I did were failures. So I did 10 times more work.” – George Bernard Shaw
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950) was born in Dublin, the son of a civil servant. His education was irregular, due to his dislike of any organized training. He was a Nobel Prize and Oscar-winning Irish playwright, critic and socialist whose influence on Western theater, culture and politics stretched from the 1880’s to his death in 1950
7. “If you have an idea of what you want to do in your future, you must go at it with almost monastic obsession, be it music, the ballet or just a basic degree. You have to go at it single-mindedly and let nothing get in your way.” – Henry Rollins
8. “Give your dreams all you’ve got and you’ll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you.” – William James
James was one of the leading thinkers of the late nineteenth century and is believed by many to be one of the most influential philosophers the United States has ever produced, while others have labelled him the “Father of American psychology”
9. “Many people think they want things, but they don’t really have the strength, the discipline. They are weak. I believe that you get what you want if you want it badly enough.” – Sophia Loren
She began her career at age 14 after entering a beauty pageant in 1949 after a long battle of childhood poverty. Although she would go on to be considered one of the most beautiful women in history, Sophia Loren’s wet nurse remembered her as “the ugliest child I ever saw in my life.” A quiet and reserved child, Loren grew up in extreme poverty, living with her mother and many other relatives at her grandparents’ home, where she shared a bedroom with eight people.
Nicknamed “little stick” by her classmates, at the age of 14 Loren blossomed, seemingly overnight, from a frail child into a beautiful and voluptuous woman.
10. “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” – Stephen King
After his parents separated when Stephen was a toddler, he and his older brother, David, were raised by his mother. As Stephen was unable to find placement as a teacher immediately after the University, the Kings lived on his earnings as a laborer at an industrial laundry, and savings, with an occasional boost from a short story sale to men’s magazines.
11. “All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today.” – Pope Paul VI
13. “God gives every bird its food, but He does not throw it into its nest.” – J.G. Holland
14. “Be not afraid of going slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.” – Chinese proverb
15. “Much good work is lost for the lack of a little more.” – Edward H. Harriman
16. “Those at the top of the mountain didn’t fall there.” – Marcus Washling
17. “You’re either changing your life or you’re not. No waiting for this or that or better weather or other hurdles. Hurdles are the change.” – Terri Guillemets
18. “He who is outside his door has the hardest part of his journey behind him.” – Dutch proverb
19. “I do not know anyone who has got to the top without hard work. That is the recipe. It will not always get you to the top, but should get you pretty near.” – Margaret Thatcher
These quotes are not just sayings of these great people. Each and every word signifies their efforts , struggles and passion to accomplish and live in their dream. Go ahead find out the one qoute which drives you to be something in life. Embrace it, feel it every moment. Keep it reading when you feel down. It will help to motivate you and bring out the positive energy that you require to achieve greater heights in life.
Get more inspired by reading these amazingly defined quotes by Robin Sharma that will teach you what life is all about.