1) The US has jurisdiction over more area of the Earth’s ocean than any other country.
2) Barns are traditionally painted red because its the cheapest paint color.
3) Nearly 20 tons of waste is generated to make a 18-karat gold ring.
4) There is a perfume designed to smell like old books.
5) The water in Lake Superior could cover all of North and South America to a depth of nearly 30 cm.
6) India produces 3 times as many bananas as any other country.
7) 43% of farmers worldwide are women.
8) Coffee is the second most traded commodity in the world. Crude Oil being the first.
9) About 300 million golf balls are lost every year in the US.
10) Majority of volcanic activity on Earth occurs under the ocean.
11) In 1800, the population of entire US was less than the current population of NYC.
12) Brazil has the largest Japanese population outside of Japan.
13) The deepest point in the world is deeper than Mt.Everest’s height.